Our Food Wrap Kits
Thank you for purchasing our Food Wrap Kit. You can find helpful videos and FAQs below.
HOW TO USE:
Q: How do I clean the beeswax food wraps?
A: Rinse with cool water or wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Q: How long do the beeswax food wraps last?
A: It really depends on the frequency in which you use them. One thing is for certain, they last longer than single use plastic and if they do get thrown away, they are biodegradable. After the wax starts losing its 'stickiness' you can re-wax them using the same process. Additional beeswax pastilles can be purchased at your favorite craft supply store.
Q: How do I get the food wraps to form a seal?
A: Use the warmth of your hands to meld the wrap into place. It will form around any container or stick to itself in order to keep things airtight and your food fresh!
Q: What ingredients are in the pastilles?
A: Our pastilles are 100% pure beeswax sourced and processed in the USA. They contain no fillers or other types of wax. This creates the best wrap and smells amazing.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 250 DEGREES. LINE BAKING TRAYS WITH PARCHMENT PAPER AND ARRANGE FABRIC WITH NO OVERLAPS. YOU MAY NEED TO PRESS THE PAPER AND FABRIC WITH A HOT DRY IRON IF IT WON’T LIE FLAT.
- PLACE 5 TSP OF BEESWAX PASTILLES ON THE LARGEST PIECE OF FABRIC, 4 TSP ON THE MEDIUM, AND 3 TSP ON THE SMALLEST PIECE.
SPREAD THE BEESWAX EVENLY, AS BEST YOU CAN, MAKING SURE TO GET SOME WAX CLOSE TO THE EDGTES.
- WORKING ONE TRAY AT A TIME, PLACE IN THE OVEN FOR 4 TO 6 MINUTES OR UNTIL ALL THE BEESWAX HAS MELTED.
- REMOVE FROM OVEN AND USE THE BRUSH TO SPREAD WAX INTO ANY EMPTY AREAS. ADD A LITTLE MORE BEESWAX IF NEEDED. PLACE BACK IN OVEN FOR ONE MINUTE, THEN REMOVE TRAY.
- CAREFULLY, WITH FINGERTIPS OR TONGS, PICK UP THE FABRIC AND WAVE IT GENTLY IN THE AIR FOR A FEW SECONDS UNTIL IT STOPS DRIPPING.
- HANG OR PLACE ON COOLING RACK TO CURE OVERNIGHT.